- All Student Resources
- About Your Report
- Retaking the OGT
- Find a Mentor
- Meet with a Peer Tutor
- Sign Up for Programs at School to Help You Prepare for Retaking the Test
- Take Advantage of Opportunities in Your School and Community
- Know the Requirements for the Ohio Graduation Tests
- Use Online Resources to Help you Prepare
- Know Alternative Ways to Meet the Testing Requirements
- Explore Resources for Students Who Are Learning English
- Success After the OGT: How Do I Get the Most Out of High School?
- Preparing for the Future
- Plan for a Career
- What Kind of Education Can I Pursue After High School?
- How Do I Apply to Post-Secondary Programs?
Know Alternative Ways to Meet the Testing Requirements
You may satisfy the testing requirements for passing all five Ohio Graduation Tests if you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Pass 4 of the five tests and miss passing the fifth test by no more than 10 points;
- Have a 97 % attendance rate, excluding any excused absences, through all four years of high school without expulsion in high school;
- Have a grade point average of at least 2.5 out of 4.0 in the courses of the subject area not yet passed;
- Completed the high school curriculum requirement;
- Participated in any intervention programs offered by the school with a 97 % attendance rate in any programs offered outside the normal school day; and
- Have letters recommending graduation from the high school principal and from each high school teacher in the subject area not yet passed.
NOTE: As specified in the Ohio Revised Code (Section 3313.615), this alternate way to meet the testing requirement only applies to students graduating after September 15, 2006.