- All Student Resources
- About Your Report
- Retaking the OGT
- Find a Mentor
- Meet with a Peer Tutor
- Sign Up for Programs at School to Help You Prepare for Retaking the Test
- Take Advantage of Opportunities in Your School and Community
- Know the Requirements for the Ohio Graduation Tests
- Use Online Resources to Help you Prepare
- Know Alternative Ways to Meet the Testing Requirements
- Explore Resources for Students Who Are Learning English
- Success After the OGT: How Do I Get the Most Out of High School?
- Preparing for the Future
- Plan for a Career
- What Kind of Education Can I Pursue After High School?
- How Do I Apply to Post-Secondary Programs?
Ohio Graduation Requirements
To earn an Ohio diploma, you must meet curriculum and testing requirements. Use these checklists to set your personal goals towards meeting these two diploma requirements.
|Curriculum Requirements, State Minimum, Additional Local Credits Credits, Credits Earned to Date, Credits Remaining||Honors Diploma Credits|
|English language arts (4 units)|
|Health (1/2 unit )|
|Mathematics (3 units )|
|Physical education (1/2 unit )|
|Science (3 units* )|
|Social studies (3 units** )|
|Electives (6 units*** )|
* Science units must include 1 unit of biological sciences and 1 unit of physical sciences. ** Social Studies units must include ½ unit of American history and ½ unit of American government. *** Electives units must include 1 unit or 2 half units in business/technology, fine arts, or foreign language.
Your high school may have additional requirements.