- All Student Resources
- About Your Report
- Retaking the OGT
- Find a Mentor
- Meet with a Peer Tutor
- Sign Up for Programs at School to Help You Prepare for Retaking the Test
- Take Advantage of Opportunities in Your School and Community
- Know the Requirements for the Ohio Graduation Tests
- Use Online Resources to Help you Prepare
- Know Alternative Ways to Meet the Testing Requirements
- Explore Resources for Students Who Are Learning English
- Success After the OGT: How Do I Get the Most Out of High School?
- Preparing for the Future
- Plan for a Career
- What Kind of Education Can I Pursue After High School?
- How Do I Apply to Post-Secondary Programs?
You have some big decisions to make about your future, but you don't have to do it all on your own. Many people can help with this decision-making process. Don't be afraid to ask for support; that's what your teachers and guidance counselors are there for! Use the checklist below when thinking about a person who might serve as a mentor in a particular field.
|NameCareer/FieldJob Title Is this person willing to meet with me?||Contact Information|
Once you have selected a person who might serve as a professional mentor, you might ask:
- How did you prepare for your career?
- What do you think it takes to succeed in the workplace?
- What has your professional experience been like?
- How did you prepare for your job in this area?
- What classes did you take in high school and after high school?
- How did these classes prepare you for your daily job?
- What is a typical day like for you at work?
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
- What challenges do you face in your work?
- What should I do next to get the kind of job I want in this field?
- Which schools might offer programs that interest me?