- All Student Resources
- About Your Report
- Retaking the OGT
- Find a Mentor
- Meet with a Peer Tutor
- Sign Up for Programs at School to Help You Prepare for Retaking the Test
- Take Advantage of Opportunities in Your School and Community
- Know the Requirements for the Ohio Graduation Tests
- Use Online Resources to Help you Prepare
- Know Alternative Ways to Meet the Testing Requirements
- Explore Resources for Students Who Are Learning English
- Success After the OGT: How Do I Get the Most Out of High School?
- Preparing for the Future
- Plan for a Career
- What Kind of Education Can I Pursue After High School?
- How Do I Apply to Post-Secondary Programs?
Explore Resources for Students Who Are Learning English
Remember that Ohio students who are learning English may use a dictionary and have extra time when taking the OGTs. Also, if you are a student learning English who has been in U.S. schools for less than three years, you may be eligible for additional help on the tests. Ask your teachers for more information and use the links below for additional resources.
Visit the Ohio Department of Education Web site for samples of last year's tests in different formats.
- Special Format Samples for Released Tests ( Ohio Department of Education )
These special test formats are for students who have been in U.S. schools less than three years and are allowed help in addition to the use of a dictionary and extra time. Ask your teachers if it would be a good idea for you to practice with one of these special tests.
Audio samples of released tests in selected foreign languages.
- The Internet TESL (Teachers of
English as a Second Language) Journal ( The Internet TESL Journal )
Find quizzes, tests, exercises and puzzles to help you learn English as a Second Language.
Online Writing Lab of Purdue University ( Purdue University )
Access resources, handouts and exercises to polish your writing skills.
- Interesting Things for
This study site includes word games, puzzles, quizzes, exercises and proverbs.